Friday 25 April 2014

Slow Cooker Curry Chicken


Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

I have about five slow cooker or one pot recipe books at last count.  Most of these I have been gifted for reasons I can only surmise which are related to my laziness.  After wading through a stack of slow cooker recipes, my eyes glazed over and I ended up free styling my own.  Really how wrong could one go?  Any slow cooked meat is so amazingly tender, it is virtually dummy proof.

For the above curry chicken, I banged all the ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning and came back to a house smelling better than any scented candle after work.  I didn't even bother browning the meat.

What went into the slow cooker pot:

  • 700g chicken thighs
  • 1.5C coconut milk
  • 1C chicken stock
  • handful of curry leaves
  • couple of baby chat potatoes, quartered
  • 1C sweet potato mashed.  I microwaved them and mashed them to give the sauce gloopiness
  • 3 tablespoons of curry powder
  • 4 cubes of frozen spinach - it works out to be approx half a pack
  • 1 carrot, diced
I left it to cook for 8 hours.  About 30mins before completion, I checked to see whether the sauce was to a consistency that I like.  It was a bit too thin for my liking so I took out half a bowl of sauce and mixed 2 tablespoons of cornflour into the half bowl of liquid and returned the liquid+cornflour mixture into the slow cooker to thicken.  

Voila!  I served it with tumeric rice and pappadams which I cooked sans oil in the microwave.  


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...