Saturday 10 May 2014

Huxtaburger, Collingwood Edition

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

Huxtaburger, a burger joint that does six types burgers simply and tastily.  I am going out on a limb here as most people in Melbourne seem to be in love with Huxtaburger -  I did find their burgers tasty, I did find their burgers juicy but it was too greasy for me. I  suppose it would make great hangover food.  For a comparable price, I would much prefer the wagyu burger at Cafe Vue, same great taste without the grease.

I ordered the "Huxtaburger" ($9) with an extra $3 for a gluten free bun.  This came with beef pattie, mustard, mayo, tomato, cheese, lettuce, pickles and I opted out of the tomato sauce.


Kiddo had the "Rudy" which is the kid's burger ($5).  It had pattie, tomato sauce, mayo, lettuce and tomato.  It is a good value kid's burger from a price point perspectivee.  The large order of chips was $3


The pick of the bunch would have been the "Bills" which is the same as a Huxtabuger with the addition of bacon, egg, pineapple and beetroot on a brioche bun ($12)



Huxtaburger has a loyalty program if you are into that type of thing - eat nine burgers and the tenth one is for free.

In summary, I probably would rather a healthier Grill'd burger or wagyu burger from Cafe Vue, so no, whilst it was very tasty, I would not go back again unless hungover.

Huxtaburger on Urbanspoon

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...