Sunday 18 May 2014

Mad Mex



Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

I do like to grab a bite of Mexican at lunch time.  The closest to my workplace happens to be Mad Mex in the Southern Cross Tower complex.  The queues are not that crazy and they do move you through at reasonable clip so it's not a bad option if you are in a hurry.  

My favourite would be the pork burrito (pictured above and below) with full salad, the 'medium spicy' sauce, brown rice and beans and hold the avocado.  Mad Mex burritos gives you the option of wholemeal tortilla and brown rice - which I prefer.  The only downside is that they charge an exorbitant price (in my opinion) of $2 extra for a smear of avocado.  When the burrito itself is about $11, I believe the little smattering of avocado should come with.  


Another take on the classic burrito is the naked burrito pictured below.  I ordered the steak version.  The steak was a little chewy.  I think prefer the slow cooked pork used in the burrito above.  It's everything in a regular burrito minus the tortilla.

Naked Burrito with Steak

Mad Mex is a solid takeaway Mexican lunch standby.  In a sense, it is the McDonalds of Mexican food albeit a tiny bit healthier.

Mad Mex Fresh Mexican Grill on Urbanspoon

Are you looking for eats in the Southern Cross Tower complex or in the vicinity?  You may wish to check out our reviews of In A Rush;  Killiney Kopitiam;  Famish'd; Coffee Exchange;  Little Bean Blue and Mrs Parmas.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...