Sunday 6 July 2014

Oak Room

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

I have a work mate who I consider my 'location scout' for good feeds.  She tipped me off about Oak Room.  It is a small cafe in middle suburbia (Ashburton) which apparently does good coffee.  So I checked it out.

I would normally order a herbal tea as a beverage but hey, when in Rome...I got to try the coffee here.  Well, I tried the decaf coffee here.  As decafs go, it was well made, not scalding and not tepid.  Had enough of a roasted grounds taste.  I like.


I would never turn away from a sourdough, so I also ordered their chicken and avocado sandwich. The sourdough was lightly toasted with a smear of butter on top - a nice touch which I wasn't expecting.  Good sized fillings and not too mayo-y.  The chicken was breast meat which was a good thing.  The coffee and the sandwich were approximately $14.


The Oak Room - worth a look in if you are in that neck of the woods.

Oak Room on Urbanspoon

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...