Saturday 30 November 2013

Neil Perry Experience @ Qantas First Class Lounge

Greetings Fellow Nom Seekers!

I was on my way to New Zealand and as I always do, I made a trip to the Qantas First Lounge for a different type of dining experience. The restaurant is headed and inspired by Neil Perry and the food is fantastic.

The formality to clear custom was very quick and as I entered the lounge dining area, I was quickly being guided to my table. The view is by far the best out of Sydney airport as it is may be the highest point and overlook the runway.




I decided on the rice and Thai curry for my main and a delicious cheese platter for desert. The rice and curry was spicy without being fiery.  The cheese platter was an excellent combination of blue, hard and soft cheeses. 




The list of wine, spirits and champagne is extensive. As usual the meal did not disappoint and after the cheese platter it was time to board.

The Lounge has other benefits but I tend to only use it for a nice meal before an international trip. Unfortunately entry to this lounge is only available if you are traveling in first class, a platinum/one member or a guest of a member. 




The deets:

Location:
Sydney Qantas First Lounge (Also one located in Melbourne)

Cost:
Free if you are traveling internationally in first class, a platinum member or a guest of a member. (well worth a visit if you can convince a platinum member to travel with you)

Ambience:
Dine In.  Business-person chic ie with usual WiFi, news offerings, etc.  For more info on the other luxuries at the Lounge, check out the Australian Business Traveller post

Nom Again:
Yes, Obelix will always return to nom as long he has Lounge membership

Cheers,
Obelix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...