Wednesday 20 November 2013

Santucci's

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

A miracle happened today.  I went for a 5km run.  The last and the only other time I did that was during the Howard administration (circa 1998).  I was a spring chicken back then (sigh).  Anyway I was rather bemused that I subconsciously ran towards the nearest strip of cafes in my area.  Somehow I ended up sitting in the garage-cum-dining-area at the back of Santucci's ordering a meal.  My legs just ran me there by their own volition. 

After that rather uncharacteristic bout of exercise, I could have ordered the maple syrup pancakes to refuel.  I could have ordered the pork belly focaccia.  Lord knows I deserved them both.  But I had all them feel good endorphins coursing through my system and I was feeling holier than thou.  So I ordered the most boring-est item on the menu.  Two poached eggs on toast, spinach on the side, hold the hollandaise.  And no beverages for me, just table water, thank you.  I was positively saintly.

It took a wee while to get the attention of the staff.  They were cheery and friendly enough but you need to make significant eye contact to engage them and then slowly make with the come hither look to entice them to your table to take the order.  But once ordered the food came quickly.  Which was a good thing because I was ravenous. 

The poached eggs were well executed - yolk cooked with a touch of runniness just the way I like it.  could have done with a bit more butter on the toast but I suppose most people have this with hollandaise so it would normally have enough emollient on it. 

My virtuous breakfast


View from the back dining area


The deets:

Location:
Santucci's
1392 Toorak Road, Camberwell
Ph: 98896335

Cost:
Between $10 - $20 for a meal + drinks

Ambience:
Casual dining

Nom again:
Yes but will book if more than 4 people as the place is usually packed. 

Santucci's on Urbanspoon

Until next time,
Nom Seeker, Glutt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...