Thursday 28 November 2013

Sprout Organic Cafe and Grocery

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

I was killing time whilst waiting for my beloved dog to be finished with a procedure at the vets when I stumbled onto this organic grocer-cum-light-snack-place in Hawthorn.  Most of the patrons were either buying organic groceries or sipping on their custom fresh pressed juices. 

Check out the orderliness of the line up on the shelves.  Must have been stacked by an anal retentive ;)


The angel perched on my shoulder whispered in my ear, "Go on, get yourself a juice for lunch.  It'll be great for your complexion.  Treasure yourself!"  However the devil perched on my other shoulder was saying, "F*ck the juice, woman!  I'm famished!  Gimme the muffin!"

I'm afraid the devil won. 

I had a decaf latte and a berry, walnut and cinnamon muffin.  Well at least the devil ate organic.  The latte was a bit bitter for my liking by the muffin was substantial and filling.  It wasn't too sweet so I didn't feel too bad eating it.







The staff were very friendly and convivial. 

The deets:

Location:
Sprout Organic Café and Grocery
123 Auburn Road, Hawthorn  Vic 3122
Ph:  03 9882 2862

Cost:
$8.80 for coffee and muffin. 

Ambience:
Casual dining and takeaway

Nom again:
Yes.  I think I'll try one of their juices next time. Got to satisfy the angel in me. 

Sprout Organic Cafe and Grocery on Urbanspoon

Until next time,
Nom Seeker, Glutt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...