Monday 23 December 2013

Peninsula Wantirna Chinese Restaurant

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

Peninsula Wantirna is what I categorised as a 'surprising good eats find'.  It is tucked away within the Golden Pebble Hotel so it isn't exactly in the forefront of my mind when I think of good Chinese restaurants in Melbourne.  But I'm glad I went and I am sure it will become a regular haunt. 

We had a six person lobster banquet which we requested several of the dishes be augmented to accommodate seven of us.  All the dishes were well executed and I didn't have the MSG burn I normally get from eating out Chinese.  The serving sizes were decent and the timing was perfect.  I even ate the complementary tong shui dessert at the end which I normally don't. 

Oyster Two Ways - with black bean and with garlic.  Yum!


Lobster with noodles.  Seriously good.  The lobster was nice and meaty.   


Complementary soup.  Tasty. 

Stir fried beef with Chinese broccoli.  The beef was so tender and the veggies were nice and crunchy.   

 Crispy-skin Chicken.  No words necessary.  Just by the look of it and you know it taste good!

 Stir fried Snow Pea Sprouts.  Loads of garlic - yum!
 Lemongrass Pork Chops.  These were finger licking good.  The pork had been flash fried and was so tasty. 
 Steamed Whole Barramundi.  Poor little thing was just swimming moments earlier. 
 Complementary fruit platter.  Nice touch with the jelly - would be popular with kids. 
Complementary tong shui.  It was green bean and kelp.  Wasn't too sweet which is a good thing.  

The restaurant itself was very spacious for Chinese restaurant standards.  We had plenty of room between us and the next table.  It wasn't crazy noisy as some Chinese restaurants can get.  I think it would be a great place to have dinner if you had young kids as there is plenty of room to roam and plenty of room for high chairs and prams. 

I should add we went there for my Mum's birthday - Happy Birthday Mum! 

The deets:

Location:
Peninsula Wantirna
500 Boronia Road, Wantirna VIC 3152
ph: 03 9887 0028

Cost:
Approximately $300 for seven people for the augmented six person lobster banquet. 

Ambience:
Casual dining.  Very spacious. 

Nom Again:
Most definitely. 

 Peninsula Wantirna on Urbanspoon

Until next time,
Nom Seeker, Glutt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...