Thursday 16 January 2014

Recipe Roadtest: Thai Breakfast Soup

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

I was watching Marion Grasby's Thailand on tv the other night and she made a delicious looking fish and rice soup which the Thai's eat for breakfast.  There is Marion's recipe. It is served with garlic oil and chilli vinegar - all very yum condiments.  Can't go wrong.

I substituted baby calamari for fish as I much prefer to eat calamari.  And I also used a short grain sushi rice instead of long grain rice only because that is all I had in the pantry.  I like my rice soups or congee quite runny so mine is a lot less thick than her's.

Thai Breakfast Soup with Garlic Oil and Chilli Vinegar

My egg with a ladle of soup is starting to cook.  
The verdict:  Really easy to make soup which I actually had for lunch.  I don't think I'm organised enough to make this for breakfast!  My kiddo loved it too - she had 3 bowls!  I will definitely be making this one again.

Until next time,
Nom Seeker, Glutt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...