Wednesday 26 March 2014

Paleo Inside-Out Bread

O

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

For this Recipe Roadtest post, I had to share my recent new love of my life - Paleo Inside-Out Bread.  It is from Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar For Life, wellness code and cookbook.  She also has a great blog which covers all this and more, here.  

I have made three loaves of this bread so far.  It freezes very well pre-sliced and I pop these in the sandwich press in the morning for a breakfast which I look forward to every morning.  I have had this every morning for the past fortnight and I'm not sick of it yet!  It is filling and when toasted, it emanates the most delicious hammy, cheesy aromas.  It is quite an eggy mixture so there is almost a quiche-like quality to it as well.  It is also dead easy to make - bonus!



Here is the recipe from I Quite Sugar For Life:

Ingredients for 1 loaf:
  • 1.5 cups almond meal
  • 3/4 cups arrowroot
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
  • 5 eggs
  • 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbs flat leaf parsley chopped
  • 1/2 cup pitted olives chopped
  • 3/4 cup grated zucchini
  • 1/3 cup finely diced ham
  • 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbs pepitas
Method:
  • Preheat oven to 160 degrees C and line a tin loaf pan with baking paper
  • In a large bowl mix almond meal, arrowroot, salt and bicarb
  • In another bowl, beat eggs with apple cider vinegar.  
  • Add parsley, ham, cheese to the egg mixture and mix the egg mixture with the dry ingredients
  • Mix well and pour into tin.  Sprinkle with pepitas
  • Bake for 30 - 35 mins or until top starts to turn golden and skewer comes out clean
  • Allow to cool, remove from tin.  
I've added fresh thyme in my mixture as I have heaps growing in the garden - it makes it smell even more heavenly when baking.  I have also substituted parsley with spring onions and that also works very well.  

Hope you guys enjoy as much as I do!

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...