Thursday 12 June 2014

Kapai


Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

I found myself walking along Courtenay Place looking for a place to refuel my tummy when a little cafe called Kapai caught my eye.  It reminded me of the cafes along Acland St in St Kilda.  I later found out that Kapai was a Maori word for "good".  Since there were plenty of healthier lunch options on the offering, perhaps that's why it was good?  

I ordered the Big Dave which is a Kiwi kebab with Cajun chicken, sweet chilli beef and kumara cashew hash.  In case there was not enough kumara, I also had a side serve of kumara fries and a Kapai juice.  It was a deliciously ginormous serve which left me feeling very content and well fed.  By the way, the kumara fries were gargantuan compared even with the servings of fries usually seen in the US.  Abundance - love it!  However after packing this lot away, I needed a siesta.  




The whole experience set me back under NZ$25.  

Kapai on Urbanspoon

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...