Saturday 28 June 2014

Rice Paper Vietnamese Restaurant

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

It's an ongoing challenge to eat healthy when on the run.  I was particularly thrilled when I realised the Vietnamese restaurant, Rice Paper on Swanston St had a takeaway counter for those who perhaps did not have the time for a sit-down meal.  The takeaway counter situated right outside their entrance sold only rice paper rolls but that is more than ok by me.  They came in a sturdy takeaway box with a little container of hoi sin sauce.


I ordered a chicken and salad filled one.


And a lemongrass pork one.


To be honest, I didn't really enjoy these and they would be the first rice paper rolls (store bought or home made) that I didn't like.  They were airy and insubstantial, made of mainly salad leaves and little else.  I had to really seek out the chicken or the pork hiding within.

For a few cents per roll extra I would much prefer the rice paper rolls at Roll'd.  I wouldn't mind going back to Rice Paper to try their sit down menu but I would definitely be giving their rice paper rolls a miss.

Rice Paper Vietnamese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...