Wednesday 1 January 2014

WFT?! (What's For Tea?!): Afghani Style Kebabs

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

I am  currently going through an Afghani food jag.  Can't get enough of kebabs and Afghani naan bread.  So I have decided to try my hand at making a few kebabs.  The Afghani garlic naan I bought from the local supermarket and heated them up in the oven.  I will one day give myself the challenge of making my own naan but one step at a time...

The chicken kebab recipe is something I free-styled after watching an Afghani cooking episode on Food Safari.



Ingredients for chicken kebabs, makes enough for 4:

  • 6 chicken thigh fillets cut into chunks
  • 1/2 cup of natural yoghurt
  • 4 onions (2 red and 2 white)
  • salt and pepper
  • a sprinkling of paprika
  • 3 garlic cloves
Method:
  • I used bamboo skewers so I soaked these whilst I prepared the rest of the ingredients.
  • Using a food processor, chop the onions and garlic.  Then place these in a tea towel and squeeze the bejeezus out of it.  Let the juice drip over your chicken chunks. 



  •  Salt and pepper your chicken.  Then add a sprinkling of paprika and the yoghurt.  It is best to leave this to marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.  Better if over night. 

  •  After marinating, shake off the excess yoghurt and skewer your meat. 
  • If you have a bbq or a charcoal brazier - fantastic - cook the skewers on that.  I didn't so I did these on the stove top.  I placed a bit of oil in a non stick pan before layering out the skewers.  Cook on medium to high heat until cooked through. 
  • Eat up. 

Until next time,
Nom Seeker, Glutt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...