Saturday 8 February 2014

BBQ Green Tea Prawns

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

This post is going to be short and sweet.  Just like the ingredients list - 4 ingredients - 1 good seafood dish. The green tea lends a subtle smoky char yet grassy tang which complements the flavours of prawns bbq'd in their shells.  I'm a lazy sod and I don't bother peeling my prawns when eating them - I eat them shell and all and it taste wonderful with the green tea flavourings adhering to them.


Ingredients for BBQ Green Tea Prawns:

  • A dozen or so prawns, de-veined.  I like to skewer my prawns to keep them straight when bbq-ing by that is not a necessity.  
  • 2 green tea bags
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Method:
  • Skewered your clean prawns, if skewering
  • Rip open the tea bags and scatter tea leaves on prawns
  • Season with salt and pepper to taste
  • On a medium heat on the BBQ plate or in a stovetop pan, cook the prawns until the shells turn pink and the flesh is opaque


Nom away.  It is that simple.  This would make a great seafood addition to any bbq.  You could make like Paul Hogan and "put another shrimp on the barbie" (Does anyone remember that Tourism Australia TV commercial from 1984?  or am I the only relic here?)

Cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...