Monday 3 March 2014

Baked Salmon with Parmesan




Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

I've been brainstorming ways of getting more fish into my diet.  I love salmon but hate pan frying it as it stinks up the whole house.  A friend of mine suggested baking it in the oven and I free-styled this recipe with what I had in the fridge and it worked very well.



Ingredients:

  • 1 - 2 portions of salmon.  You could easily expand or reduce the quantities depending on how many you are feeding.  
  • 1 piece of cold toast
  • 4 tablespoon of grated parmesan
  • a tablespoon of dried mixed herbs
  • a few tomatoes
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon of oil (I used red palm oil but any oil is fine)
Method:
  • Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.  
  • In a large bowl, crush up the toast into crumbs and rubble.  I just used my hands to do this.  Mix in parmesan, oil and dried mixed herbs.  
  • Place the salmon in the baking dish.  Season both sides.  
  • Place the majority (3 quarters) of the parmesan mixture onto the top of the fish.  
  • Cut the tops of the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.  Stuff the remaining parmesan mixture into the hollowed out tomatoes.  
  • Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until well done.  I was cooking it for people who like their salmon very well done.  But if you like it a bit rare in the middle, reduce the cooking time. 
Enjoy!  

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...