Tuesday 4 March 2014

Gatsby's Chicken


Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

Behold before you, the Gatsby Roll.  It is the size of a swaddled new born and when eagerly transporting it home, I fought the urge to strap it into its own baby capsule.  I have been informed (via the proprietor's leaflet) that the Gatsby Roll is a sandwich very similar in preparation to the Hoagie in the US.  Apparently it originated in South Africa and a Gatsby is a long bread filled with hot chips, roast meat and salad.

It is totally awesome.  I chose a wholemeal roll with tabouleh, coleslaw, garlic sauce and chimmichurri sauce.  The chicken was absolutely delicious with a seasoning I can't quite put my finger on.  The chips in the Gatsby were freshly made and I was told the sauces were also made on site.  The chimmichurri is a bit spicy but there was plenty of salad, bread and chicken to break that up. This behemoth cost $9.95 and kept me going all day.  It was jaw dislocatingly huge - in a good way, not complaining.


I have also tried the chicken and chips on it's own.  And they are stars in their own right.  I'm not sure what seasoning they use but it definitely is not your standard charcoal chicken.



There is not much else to say other than, I shall be back!

Gatsby's Chicken on Urbanspoon

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...