Wednesday 5 March 2014

Gong Cha


Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

I have been downing Roselle Tea from Gong Cha all summer.  Roselle, I have learnt is a plant with all sorts of health benefits which you can read about here. I was fascinated to learn that it has 'sunscreen' like properties and other anti ageing properties.  Give me a bucket of this - I'm diving in!

I like the Gong Cha beverages because you can customise the ice level.  I prefer no ice because I'm granny-like (hence need for anti-ageing beverages).  You can also customise the sweetness level in many of the teas.

Here I have what I call the no-fun police order of green tea, no ice, no sugar.  I did live a little and got pearls with it.  Next time, I would ask for a wee bit of sweetness as the green tea was very bitter on  its own.


Back to the Roselle tea - what did it taste like?  It was refreshingly tart.  Great for a summer's day.

Most of the Gong Cha beverages average around the $4.50 mark for the standard size cup.  They have an efficient ordering and pick up system.  If you are a fan of the sugary, icy drinks - they have that too.  I would be interested to see when the weather turns cold, what the tea menu would be.


Gong Cha on Urbanspoon

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...