Friday 7 March 2014

Plato's Forum




Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

One of my regular haunts is Auburn Village in Hawthorn.  It has an eclectic mix of shops. However I'm surprised for the ratio of gift shops etc, there seems to be a lack of corresponding cafes and eateries.  Plato's Forum does try to fill that void.  I just love the name of this place and it has a very serene atmosphere...in case you want to do some serious philosophical pondering.

My de-caf  latte was creamy and perfectly made.  The fresh bunches of flowers on each table was a nice touch.


I was very surprised to see that the specials board has a predominantly vegetarian slant.  Plato's Forum does do the usual breakfast options of bacon and eggs, etc.  But the specials board were practically all vegetarian options on the day that I went.  The staff advised that they varied the menu based on seasonal produce. I ordered the rice cakes with tumeric potatoes, roast pumpkin and house relish.  It was really delicious and for a vehement carnivore like myself, I didn't even miss the meat.  The rice cakes were crispy on the outside and creamy in the centre.  The salad was fresh and crisp.

It was a serene place to have a cuppa and a light meal.

Plato's Forum on Urbanspoon

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...