Thursday 13 March 2014

Product Review: Zach's Spice Company, Texas Style BBQ Sweet Rub

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

I was lucky enough to be given this delicious pack of  Texas Style BBQ Sweet Rub by my sister.  Being a Melbournian, I am miles away from Texas but this little packet of seasoning from Zach's Spice Company is as close to a Texan BBQ as I could get in my own home.  My sister advised she purchased this at David Jones however Zach's also has an online ordering system (see above link).

The flavour was divinely smokey but sweet and savoury at the same time.  I like the fact it has no MSG.


I used the whole pack (435g) of the stuff to marinate 2kg of chicken thighs.  I found the flavour a wee bit too salty.  So next time, I would either use less rub or use more meat.  As I was serving this to a crowd, I ended up skewering the meat to assist with portioning.

Marinated chicken kebabs (raw) 

On the bbq

Ready to nom.  I served it with a sweet relish.  
A definite crowd pleaser which I would be purchasing more of.

Until next time,
Nom Seeker, Glutt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...