Sunday 16 February 2014

Little Bean Blue

Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

Little Bean Blue has been a lunch staple of mine for awhile now.  They do breakfast and lunch of the mainly sandwich and salad kind.  They also do drip coffee which I have never tried as I steer away from highly caffeinated drinks but if that is your thing, then by all means...


The thing I love about the place is that they do good bread.  Most of their sandwiches are on what appears to be Turkish bread with a flaxseed and sesame topping.  The rolls come pre-made and they toast it up for you.  The texture of the bread dense without being overly chewy - kind of like a cross between a Turkish bread and sourdough.  Above here, I have the chicken, bacon, avocado, spinach and chutney filling.  Ok but not my favourite.  My favourite picks are further down below.


The zatar chicken with cheese and spinach come with flat bread.  It was a little dry for me.  And I have a slight bone to pick.  Sometimes the bread comes warm and toasted but the interior is still fridge cold.  It's a bit off putting.


Ding, ding, ding!  This one's my fav.  It's chicken schnitzel with coleslaw.  The coleslaw has a nice slightly sweet element with a few raisins thrown in.  And who doesn't love a schnitzel?



My second favourite is the chicken waldorf.  This one is a little bit of a hit and miss.  Sometimes it comes with apple and walnuts, which I like as that is what a waldorf is.  But other times it masquarades as a waldorf when in fact it's just a chicken mayo sandwich.  It's pot luck.  



I'm not a bit sweet tooth but I do like a good lamington.  These are lovely with a cuppa tea.

All in all, not a bad lunch option.  The sandwiches above are $8.50 which is a pretty decent price in the CBD.

Little Bean Blue on Urbanspoon

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...