Friday 21 March 2014

Pizza Dough Cookies



Hello Fellow Nom Seekers!

I recently had a batch of left over pizza dough, not enough to make a decent meal of...mmm...what to do...

So in a rare moment of inspiration, I decided to make cookies out of them!  Their texture was more biscuity as my pizza dough generally yields a very crisp crust.  It was great with a cuppa and it re-purposed a tired old ball of dough that probably would have been thrown out.  

I used my fail-safe pizza dough recipe, previously posted here.  To make the pizza dough cookies, I sprinkled the bench surface with a couple of tablespoons of caster sugar to taste and with a couple of tablespoons of semolina to stop dough from sticking to the bench and for texture.  Then it's just a matter of rolling the dough out onto the sugar and semolina, cut into shapes and bake in the oven on a non stick baking tray.  I didn't even bother pre-heating my oven.  For cookies my size, it took about 15 - 20mins in a 180C oven from cold.  They puff up when done.  Once cooled, I drizzled the tops with Nutella.  So easy!





Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...